Traveling Cake Plate operates in a home kitchen that has been inspected and approved by the North Carolina Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services Food and Drug Protection Division.
Non Wedding Cake Policies
This information can change without notice.
1. Ordering In Advance: Ordering 3 days (72 hours) in advance is a requirement for Traveling Cake Plate party cakes of 100 or less. We ask for a two-week notice for all cakes larger than 100 servings. Tiered cakes are subject to wedding cake prices.
2. Payment: Full and complete payment of $85 or more is due in advance. Payment arrangements can be made for all cake orders of $100 or more. Failure to pay in full in advance will result in non-delivery.
3. Order Options: All cake flavor(s), filling(s) and design decisions must be finalized as indicated by TCP staff during the ordering process. Traveling Cake Plate does not offer exact replicas from other bakeries or replicas in general. We may do something similar but cannot guarantee replicas.
4. Cake Stands and Boxes: Each Traveling Cake Plate dessert comes with disposable cake board. Boxes are provided for most smaller cake orders. Some cakes cannot be boxed due to size. In the event a box cannot be provided, clear plastic wrap will be used to keep your product safe and healthy for consumption.
5. Cake Arrival and Set-up: If applicable, Traveling Cake Plate will arrive between 30 minutes to 2 hours prior to the start of your event to assemble, set up and put the final decorating touches on your cake. Additional set up charges may apply.
6. Cake Cutting: Traveling Cake Plate does not offer cake-cutting services for party cakes of less than 100 servings. Please feel free to view and print our cake cutting guide for all double layered cakes. Traveling Cake Plate will provide cake cutting services for party cakes with more than 100 servings for an additional fee.
7. Allergies and Special Food Needs: Traveling Cake Plate does NOT guarantee nor do we offer allergy free options. We do NOT offer healthy alternatives. We will NOT be held responsible for any allergic or health reactions to cake consumers at your event.
8. Flowers: If you are using fresh flowers, your florist must supply them. Your florist, not Traveling Cake Plate, is responsible for making sure the cake’s flowers are healthy for consumption.
9. Cancellation/Refunds: Cancellations must be made at least 3 days (72 hours) prior to the delivery date for party cakes of less than 100. At this time only seventy-five percent (75%) of your payment will be refunded. Cancellations made prior to 3 days (48 hours) before the party or event will be refunded eighty-five percent (85%) of their total price.
Signature: If you place an order and pay for it by any means through this website, cash, check, money order or online invoice means that you have read and agree with these policies and have entered into an agreement with this business or Traveling Cake Plate.
Please note that policies, prices and services can change without prior notice.
1. Please Note: Traveling Cake Plate is not currently a mail order cake delivery service and does not ship products other than cake samples outside the noted delivery areas.
2. Cake Arrival and Set-up: If set up is not necessary, Traveling Cake Plate will simply deliver your product to the person/persons who answers the door at the mandated event site. A signature may or may not be required.
3. Phone Call: If no one is available to receive the purchased product, one phone call will be made to the contact number listed on the order for further instructions or to set another delivery time at an extra charge. In this case, Traveling Cake Plate is not obligated to bake, decorate or create another dessert. Also, there will be no refund or credit provided if delivery cannot be rearranged or made again.
4. Delivery Charge: Additional delivery and set up charges for can be assessed.
5. Unattended Products: Traveling Cake Plate will NEVER leave a dessert on the porch, step or outside of a delivery site unattended without a signature or written permission prior to delivery unless samples are delivered by a courier service.
Signature: If you place an order and pay for it by any means through this website, cash, check, money order or online invoice means that you have read and agree with these policies and have entered into an agreement with this business or Traveling Cake Plate. Please note that policies, prices and services can change without prior notice.